Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Joanna Newsom And Bill Callahan Used to Make Love



So these two people are pretty much the only musicians I listen to these days and the fact that they used to do it with each other kinda blows my mind. I had never seen these pictures, came across them on Permanent Smile, a website dedicated to all things Bill Callahan. I got to see him do his book reading at Book People in Austin about a month ago and could have met him afterwards as he was signing books, but was too scared to have him look me in the face, not that he would have anyways..he's a floor starer. As I was walking home regretting my decision I saw him at a restaurant with his friends sitting outside. He was looking at his menu...probably thinking, dang why didn't that girl come talk to me after my reading, that girl being me. He had the most endearing smirk on and off throughout the reading, jeez how do you pull off being so cool and uncool at the same time.

2 comments:

  1. When I discovered they were once a couple it kinda blew my minda as well. The same thing was happening to me: I was only listening to BC and JN and then I read something about them being together years ago.

    Also, have you checked the lyrics to BC's Baby's Breath and JN's Baby Birch?

    Great post!

    (also, thanks for the link to Permanent Smile, it' great)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are my first comment Beijuca...congratulations...wonder if you'll see this...what country are you from?

    ReplyDelete